Environmental / Mass Tort
According to the United States Energy Information Administration, Louisiana is the seventh-largest crude oil producer in the country. Companies such as Shell and Dow Chemical call Louisiana home, and just in the past year, one company has pledged to construct one of the largest chemical plants in the entire country in Lake Charles, LA.
These activities can unfortunately result in frequent environmental contamination and chemical exposure claims. These claims can be enormous, involving thousands of claimants and hundreds of millions of dollars in property damage. Defending these claims calls for knowledge of the applicable law, expertise in the science associated with these chemicals and varying types of exposure, and good judgment in determining how to defend the specific issues that arise in each case. Without an ability to handle all aspects of these difficult claims, clients can be left at a significant disadvantage when facing liability for environmental losses.
Our firm has handled nearly every type of environmental and mass tort claim, including those for benzene exposure, Chinese drywall issues, and CERCLA remediation claims. We will bring our extensive experience and capable intellects to the defense of any claim in this field. We are prepared to begin today to assist you with any needs in this field of law.
Our services include:
- Environmental and toxic tort litigation
- Asbestos exposure and claims management
- Environmental Insurance Coverage Dispute Litigation and Resolution
- Class action and complex litigation
- Clean Water Act litigation
- Mold remediation and personal injury litigation
- Private party cost recovery litigation
- CERCLA enforcement litigation counseling and defense